Thursday 9 October 2008

Craptastic Times

So in a matter of a week I got my first paid gig as a comic artist, paid off a 1 of 3 student loan and went to the gym constantly and losing 5 pounds . All this good stuff made me a little wary. Waiting for the other shoe to drop. Then Blammo. I took a tumble while playing volleyball and re-injured my spine. Majorly. This is the first time I've been able to sit down to use my cpomputer in like 2 weeks and I haven't been able to put a pencil to paper which is murder. I've been on my back in bed every minute I'm not at work. I have to have an MRI tomorrow to find out exactly the problem is. There's a possibility I may need surgery. If I do need surgery it's 6 weeks of recovery which pretty much means I'm out of a job and Andy and my plans for next spring and driving across Canada are toast. No money and no job. It's looking fairly postive as my pain has reduced in the last few days and signs are good but I'm still nervous about the results from the MRI tomorrow. I'll throw up some if the concept stuff for the book I was working on before the tumble. Sorry to all the people who've Facebooked me or dropped me a message in the past while. It's been literally impossible for me to reply. I'll be doing my best to get back to everyone in the coming days. Be patient. I'm still limited to small times of sitting.

Cheers,
Gino




No comments: